Friday, May 18, 2012

Ancient creatures

I love armored prehistoric looking beasts like the digital ones featured in LOTR movie Return of the King. I'm extremely happy that the animators really gave these creatures and ancient and beastly feel, very fitting for the atmosphere Tolkien created in his books.
The Great Beasts
Great-beasts.jpg
It would be nice if the head's of the Great Beasts were longer and more rhino-like instead of short, squat, and reptilian. otherwise the horn detail and design is very cool. very imaginative.

The giant and four-tusked Oliphaunt
Oliphant RE Animal Rides-s1280x960-96816.jpg

The pictures above are so remenescent of the strange and beautiful animals of the Pleistocene, only with more armour, extra tusks, and awsomeness. I want to see more and invent a few of my own.
I especially like the artistic reproductions of extincts animals like the paintings of Mauricio Anton. Look at how ancient and magestic they are. These beast look powerful and their faces somehow give me the impression of great wisdom. Look at how realistic the painting is.
File:Woolly mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius) - Mauricio Antón.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment